Sunday, November 18, 2007

Amazing

I just want all of you to know, that knowing you are there is a tremendous help. A relief, seeing those comments helps me to realize that I' not alone, and I am normal.

This are busy now that Jake is home, and oh how nice it is to have him home. I have been more motivated in the last 2 days since he arrived, than in the last 2 months!

I've been making him home cooked meals, I hit the Farmers market with Candice and a couple other people on Saturday morning. That was fun, everyone was doing their Thanksgiving produce shopping, and yesterday I even went to the nursery, a project I have been putting off for months, to pick up some plants for a large planter in the front of the house. I was tired last night after buzzing around all day.

Today Candice is having her annual pre-thanksgiving thanksgiving. For the last few years, probably 4, she has had a party the day before thanksgiving at her little place. Usually about 20 people, a pot luck. But it is fun and cozy. This year she decided to switch the day since everyone is to hung over Thanksgiving morning (LOL) and some of her friends are going away for the holiday. This is much better, late afternoon today. So there won't be the after party down at the local watering hole.

Looks like I will be having 17 for Thanksgiving. Thats soo cool. The last years I see my family fall apart, yet somehow I created a bigger one.

I hope the blues don't hit when Jake goes back to school. I think I am just lonely half the time.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm so happy you are happy! 17? You're crazy ... and amazing.

Anonymous said...

i've always stood by the idea that the family you create is just as important, sometimes more so, than the blood related. i don't know what i would do without the woman who took care of me growing up and now, her family is my family. as are the other kids she took care of. seventeen for dinner sounds daunting, but well worth it. i hope all goes well!

denise (the ratchatter-er)

Rattie said...

Seventeen people! Sounds like an old fashion Thanksgiving - being surrounded by family and friends! How wonderful.