Saturday, March 01, 2008

Almost a Year

I realized I hadn’t posted in a month. I think I let the “stuff” get to me more than I should have, and just kind of shut down. I didn’t want to whine here about it, but I had nothing else to really say.

So ok now its over. I think I am back on track. It’s a cloudy and drizzly Saturday morning; I am sitting here waiting for a plumber, low water pressure in the kitchen and a leaky shower. Wanted to take care of it on my home warranty before it expires in 10 days,.

Yes, I will be here in my home for a year very soon. It doesn’t seem like it has been a year, but I suppose time flies faster as you get older.

Last night I went to D’s son’s 16th birthday party. It was in the dugout club behind home plate of our local LA baseball team. Yes a bit excessive, very excessive, but I being the good girlfriend just nodded and came along, to help chaperone 40 teenagers and listen to rap and hip hop for 4 hours. The other 4 adults that were going to assist in the chaperoning were no shows, must of heard about the music choice, but fortunately there was also security guards,, so when some of the girls thought it would be fun to run around the field, all the kids outside were ushered back inside and banned from going out. I just sat and smiled, sipped my wine and ate my peanuts.

I got home after midnight and was pooped! The old lady that I am is not used to staying up that late, unless it is watching old movies in bed. I had to get up early for a Saturday since the plumber indicated he would be here between 8 and 12. It is now 11:35 and no sign of him. I am a little miffed since I would have loved to stay in bed a while, but oh well perhaps a nap is in my future.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Good to hear from you.

Just sitting, smiling, sipping your wine not only shows you are a good girlfriend, but also a smart one.

Mage said...

That's sure good of you. Thanks for doing it. Yes, that's a biggie to rent the dugout. The kids will remember you fondly.

RYN: Drawings? Did you mean, put them online when I am done scanning them?