Friday, August 18, 2006

Empty Nest

Tomorrow Jake leaves. I don't know why I am stressing out so much about him leaving. He has an aparment to live in, a meal card (getting on Monday), money in the bank, money in his wallet, financial aide on the way, he will have food in the fridge (if asshole takes him grocery shopping). He starts classes on monday. I guess I am just worried that he won't take care of "stuff". *sigh* I will call him on Monday and make sure that he is on top of it.

I am making a drink, and going to watch the news and wind down. Not like I am wound up at all. Just feeling alittle blue, Jake leaving, D and the brat leaving on vacation for 2 weeks.Today all I have done was got up and did some stuff around the house. Then packed up a picnic and drove over to D's house to meet him for lunch. I won't see him for 2 weeks and we knew that the last chance at being alone would be lunch today. We romped and fell asleep in each others arms, then woke up and ate cold chicken, sliced tomatoes, slaw and cold grilled vegetables. All leftovers from last night. A very nice little "nooner". I am very fortunate to have met this man. He really makes me smile, makes me laugh, make me realize life is not so bad.

1 comment:

Rattie said...

I remember when I left for university, my mother cried and I was 30 years old at the time! Although I was living on my own since 18, my mother still felt the "empty nest" because her "little girl" was leaving the city.