Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Catching up

It's been awhile. Not sure why I have been away, maybe it is just laziness. Things have been OK. I had a new roof put on the house. It is the first of several big projects I am looking at. Financially I can only afford one more, so I will have to see what really needs to be done before I make my decision. The 3 things are painting inside, painting outside and a new wood fence around the property. I also need to completely redo one of the bathrooms, but that is at least a couple years away. I am leaning towards painting the inside. The fence will be OK, I put boards and cement block up in the places where Roscoe could get under. It has held since March, so that should be fine. And outside I am not sure it really "needs" it yet. Maybe next year. Inside I have some obnoxious colors, like my RED kitchen, that I would really like to see go away! I probably could do some of it myself if I knew what I was doing, but I don't. And I think there is some oil based paint to deal with too.

I am leaving tomorrow for 5 days. D and I are going to Cambria. Renting a house, for R&R and some antiquing and wine tasting. I haven't really been looking forward to it until today. I took the day off to pack, and get some last minute things done. Jake is staying home so I need to make sure he has a stocked kitchen, he will also be taking care of Daisy and Roscoe. Sprock is going to the vet to be boarded. I don't trust the 3 of them without my supervision for that long.

I hope all of you are well. I wish somehow I could reach out through cyberspace and hug you.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Have an absolutely wonderful holiday!

Rattie said...

Have a FANTASTIC time!! You certainly deserve it!