Saturday, December 22, 2007

Almost Christmas

I picked up Jacob today at the airport. He arrived with a backpack of dirty clothes, claiming he forgot all the presents (gift cards) he got, and exhausted from staying up all night. He has this "problem". For some reason the night before he comes home he doesn't sleep. At first I thought it was because he was afraid he would not wake up and miss the shuttle, and he confessed originally that was the reason. But now he wakes up for classes, the alarm actually works, so waking up really shouldn't be a problem. But I think it might be anyway. As for the gifts, I really don't care. It doesn't matter to me. Just having him home safe for the holidays is gift enough. He promptly went out with all his buddies for Ramen. LOL!

I am making meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes and roasted carrots for dinner, I thought Jake might be home, so I wanted him to have some comfort food. I guess D will come over and help me eat it, and Jake will eat leftovers late if he can stay awake!!

I have not started wrapping gifts . I thank God for whomever invented the gift bag. Throw the gift in the bag, add tissue an viola! Its wrapped, no tape no scissors, nada. The only thing is this year I have several presents too big for bags. A Wii, a microwave, and a large box with a fancy pan with a lid. The rest should fit into bags. Hopefully I have enough bags or I will have to resort to wrapping.

5 comments:

Christine G. said...

jake has similar learning disabilities to my son geoff, and the night before ANYthing he cannot manage to fall asleep, or, he gets up at like oh-dark-thirty in order to be ready. afraid he'll oversleep, afraid he'll be late, afraid he'll forget something (like the gift cards).

i have geoff make lists the night before so forgetting gift cards wouldn't be an issue. yeah -- he has an alarm clock, it always goes off at 6am and he's in the shower at 6:03, but i know that he'll always have this anxiety in his life.

birds of a feather, peas in a pod.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I lost your email, but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!!!!!! Yes, let's get to the reunion this summer(or fall). Have a great one and I will look for your email to send you a more personal note!!!! Take care and I miss you, Pam

Yvonne said...

I love gift bags also. It saves so much time.

Rattie said...

I hope you had a wonderful Xmas (much deserved) and best wishes for the New Year!!

Linda

Mage said...

Yes, they do that, don't they. So glad he is home. Delightful, and I hope his whole stay is equally delightful too. Happy holidays to you.